Tools of the Trade

Tools of the Trade
Tools of the Trade

Sunday, December 6, 2020

30 Minutes for 30 Days, the Return: Day 6

 "Gettin' a Little Sinister!"

Parolles: "You will find in the regiment of the Spinii
one Captain Spurio, with his cicatrice, an emblem of
war, here on his sinister cheek; it was this
very sword."
~ William Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well, Act II, Scene I, 1623

Sinister- Latin- "on the left side". Somewhere around the 14th century, in the English language it became to mean some sort of evil or foreboding.

Well, the only thing evil happening tonight was replicating last night's (see Day 5) thrust and lunge drills with my left hand.

I can feel the tightness in the tendons from the wrist rotations. I started slow to make sure there was proper connection and alignment. The extra efforts is definitely my own fault for not drilling my left side more regularly.  While I work with off hand weapons, it isn't the same as using the your prime weapon.

From now on, both sides get worked out, every few days, work primarily left and try and balance things out.

30 Day Squat Challenge, Day 6: 75 squats

No comments:

Post a Comment