Tools of the Trade

Tools of the Trade
Tools of the Trade

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Cutting Through a Cluttered Mind

My Martial Arts have always been a tool for me to clear my mind of stress and clutter.  Tonight's 30 minutes were needed (see previous posts: 30 Minutes for 30 Days)

Tonight, my Mother In Law took my wife and I out to dinner to celebrate my upcoming birthday.  It was an enjoyable evening.

When we got home, I saw that my friends band, Ardrenaline Mob, was in a terrible accident when a tractor trailer hit their tour bus while getting attire fixed.  This was in Florida.

It was released that there was one fatality, David Z., their bass player and that six others were injured.

Not knowing if my friend and his family (if they were in that bus with him) were ok (still don't know), my mind was a whirlwind.

My drills tonight  were not a distraction. Yes, as I began them, my mind was taken from the bad news; but focusing on technique and execution brought a peacefulness and calm to my racing thoughts.

I cannot change what has happened.  I cannot get the information I want any quicker and I have no control over what the news will be.

I only have control over myself and my actions. Each thrust and movement of the blade was controlled by me. My body's motions were controlled by me.

Each motion reminding to find peace in my small circle of control.

No comments:

Post a Comment