Tools of the Trade

Tools of the Trade
Tools of the Trade

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

30 Minutes for 30 Days: Day 2 + Practice

Today (Tuesday) was an even split; 15 minutes of footwork, 15 minutes of disengages with lunges.

Like yesterday (Monday), each motion was brokent down into steps in order to keep correct posture, stance, for placement and alignment.

Disengage then moving into an attack is a staple of fencing.  My left hand will definitely need more focus.

During practice tonight, where the room was so warm, it was like breathing water, I paid attention to the details of my footwork and use of disengages.  While there was no physical epiphany, I did notice some subtle differences.

I need to keep distance and measure in mind, especially when working angles.

Tomorrow is another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment