Tools of the Trade

Tools of the Trade
Tools of the Trade

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

30 Minutes for 30 Days: Day 8

First day of week 2!

I need to work my schedule better so I can stop doing these drills at 11:30 every night..lol

This week I introduced stance training into my regiment.  When I was training in Hung Ga Gung Fu, we developed strong stances by holding them for lengths of time, and increasing that time steadily.

Starting off with one or two minutes in the beginning; it doesn't seem like a lot, but you'll be surprised. Then moving into five minutes, ten minutes and so on.

The result is that all the proper muscles, as well as the ligaments and tendons, develope.  This creates the ability to have stronger footwork and be able to hold a guarded position comfortably. It will also develope conditioning and discipline, being able to work through discomfort with focus.

Tonight was five minutes footwork and five minutes footwork with lunges.
The next ten minutes went to stance training. I have been working with the Italian School (comprised of various Masters), Fabris being one of them.

I chose the following to work with:

Guard 1- Plate 51
Guard 2- Plates 55 and 58
Guard 3- Plates 61 and 63
(Images will be added soon)

I held each guard for sixty seconds, doing each twice.

The last ten minutes was for point control.  I did the same exercises, but used guard 3- 61 and 63.

No comments:

Post a Comment