Tools of the Trade

Tools of the Trade
Tools of the Trade

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

30 Minutes for 30 Days: Day 9

My first 10 minutes were spent in fighting combinations. Stepping, parry, reposte, lunge in various combinations and frequencies. 

I'm working on breaking the novice habit of creating a countable rhythm of my sword work.

The next 10 minutes were, you guessed it, point control! I was able to increase the pendulum work from 100 to 150 times, each side.

My left side is getting stronger and more coordinated.

The final 10 minutes were given to stance training. Working the same postures as yesterday (see "Day 8), I held each for 1 minute, cycling through and back to each guard.

Aside from making my stances stronger, I'm learning to breath smoothly in the different stances, especially the more compact ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment